“Branding is the art of aligning.”
You need to align your values, the audiences’ interests, brand’s personality into messages.
You need to align all the messages that will go out and all the channels you will use to spread them.
That’s what brand marketing is about – aligning everything to build reputation and relationships.
Here are 6 things you need to know or do or take the help of brand consultancy services to master the art of aligning.
- Brand Research
You begin by conducting research through offline, online, and social media to spot gaps, trends, and patterns.
Through this, you can find:
1) Who will benefit from the same (customer segments), and
2) Who else is trying to satisfy the same segment (competitors – direct and indirect)?
Once you know your target audience – their needs, behavior, buying patterns, and the content they consume, you can move on to make a brand.
- Brand Building
You will use the insights from the above step to now build a brand.
Here’s a list of things you need to start with:
1) Brand Positioning (What we do, for Whom, and What sets us apart).
2) Name and Brand Identity (Elements like logo and packaging that support the name).
3) Brand Guidelines (How your brand will present itself).
When you have this, you can craft a brand strategy to decide what you will communicate with your audience, how, and where (channels).
- Selecting Marketing Mix
You need to choose a mix of owned, earned, and paid media to take your brand (which you have built after a lot of work) to where your audience is present and active.
1) Owned Media are your firm’s channels, such as social media pages, websites, and stores.
2) Earned Media are channels that talk about your firm and promote it, such as news articles, blog posts, and press releases.
3) Paid Media are promotional spots the company pays for, such as search ads on Google, paid social media ads, or TV ads.
Next, you build a presence on these channels to win the most crucial metrics: lifetime value and loyalty.
- Creating and Executing Campaigns
You can use advertising and craft campaigns to boost a brand’s visibility, perception, engagement, and sales.
To win these metrics, you should follow these steps:
1) Begin by deciding –
- Who you want to target and where,
- What your message will be (aligns with your positioning and their interests), and
- How you want them to react.
2) You can then build a strategy to execute the campaign on different channels.
3) Lastly, you measure the results of your efforts to see what you can do better next time.
You can create a mix of paid and organic efforts to complement their strengths and give your brand more chances to stand out.
- Managing Public Relations
It’s more crucial than ever to manage public relations to build reputation and relationships.
It helps your brand:
1) Manage press releases and media relations,
2) Craft a communication plan for any crisis, and
3) Build bonds with people who can help them bring more goodwill.
You can work to combine your PR efforts with other initiatives, such as event marketing, to get the most and best out of them.
- Sponsorships and Event Marketing
This form can bring awareness to your brand, help you reach and engage with new people, and build relationships.
You should follow these steps to get the above gains:
1) Begin with finding opportunities that align with your target audience and goals.
2) Then, build strategies for the events to answer questions such as:
- What will you promote,
- How will you engage with people, and
- How will you get in touch with them after it?
You can use the insights from an event to guide your decisions.
You can form strategic relationships with event organizers and partners for more growth.
That’s a lot to do all by yourself.
That’s where a Brand Consultancy Firm can join hands with you.
They work together with your team to help you do a better job at marketing your brand.
Pandora’s Box is a Consultancy for Businesses in India that work with firms to do all the above steps.
— To empower them to build meaningful brands and profitable businesses.